11 Things That Would Have Been Better Unsaid
Image: Getty Images
1. Wah kya girlfriend hai. Apne kabhi dekha 50 crore ka girlfriend?
Narendra Modi, in an apparent dig at Shashi Tharoor after his return as a minister
2. I don’t think [Salman] Khurshid will do anything for an amount like Rs 71 lakh. It is a very small amount for a Central minister.
Union steel minister Beni Prasad Verma defending Salman Khurshid against charges of embezzlement
3. I have no hesitation in saying that our enemy is our country itself. Pakistan is not our enemy.
J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah’s uncle Mustafa Kamal while addressing National Conference workers in Kishtwar
5. Chowmein leads to hormonal imbalance evoking an urge to indulge in such acts [rapes].
Jitender Chhatar, Haryana khap panchayat leader
Todd Akin, a Republican member of the US House of Representatives, while answering a question on whether women who become pregnant after being raped should have the option of abortion.
7. ..if we could compare the IQ level of Swami Vivekananda and that of Dawood Ibrahim, then it could have been almost the same.
BJP chief Nitin Gadkari while making his point that discrimination on the basis of caste, religion, language and gender is unfair
8. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.
US presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s unfortunate choice of words to discuss insurance options, which his rivals latched on to reiterate his corporate indifference
9. Earlier, if men and women held hands, parents would reprimand them. Now, everything is done openly. It’s like an open market with open options.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee blaming the modern permissive society after a spate of rapes in the state
10. The girl who is accusing [cricketer] Luke [Pomersbach] is saying he hit her fiancé… what a load of f****g s**t. She was all over me and asked for me [sic] BBM PIN, so if he was her fiancé she wasn’t exactly behaving like a future wife.
Sidhartha Mallya after US national Zohal Hamid accused Royal Challengers Bangalore player Luke Pomersbach of molesting her and hitting her fiancé at an IPL party
11. Till now, I have been wielding a pen…
Now, it is time to replace ink with blood.
Salman Khurshid reportedly warned Arvind Kejriwal at a function in Delhi after the activist accused him of forgery and fraud in the operations of an NGO run by his wife
Image: Modi, Singh, Akin, Mallya: Getty Images; Romney: Al Bello / Getty Images
- 5 Political Maneuvers To Watch Out For
- Sanjaya Baru: Getting Back to 'Business' Should be Priority
- Ratings major S&P will watch Modi govt closely, all eyes on Budget
- Investment world pins high hopes on Modi
- Stock markets in a bull run, BJP well placed to usher in reforms, say exper...