Multiplex Spends in Metros
n evening at the movies is not what it used to be. Like most other commodities, prices of multiplex tickets have inched up in the past year or two, along with that of the food and beverages on offer. There are differences, however, across cities and multiplex chains.
In Mumbai, such a family dishes out an average of Rs 400 more for tickets, a tub of popcorn, a bottle of fizzy cola, and a plate of samosa, as compared to what it did in 2011.
Delhi, too, has seen a hike, although a smaller one. A similar evening for a family costs Rs 160 more now.
The Bangalore multiplex chain, however, said that not only have its prices not increased in the past couple of years, but it has improved its range of food and beverages.
- Ajay Bijli: Do Away with Entertainment Tax
- 'Cinema uses the language of dreams'
- Kishan SS: Kannada Teen Sensation
- 65 Things We Love About India
- PVR vs Cinepolis: The Show (Down) Is On